IPL, 2017 Points Table - Teams Rankings & Standings in IPL
IPL 2017 is running at its peak in India. One of the most important and craziest things to know before going deeper in the tournament is its points table because many people are know expecting and started making predictions which team will lift the title for the year 2017.
There are some rules defined by concerning authorities BCCI for to Indian Premier League which are as:
- Each team will be awarded two points if he win the match
- There are slight variations in tied match, super over is present, but suppose if it again tied, then 1 point is given to each team
- For a match which has no result, due to some unexpected circumstances then 1 point is for each team
- Team with the highest point is on the top of the table and vice versa
- If two teams have equal number of wins, then their run rate will decide the highest position in the points table
These are some general rules declared by BCCI, which has been followed since the event started. According to some rules mentioned above Play-Off matches has been decided.
If any of the Final, the Eliminator, Qualifier 1 or Qualifier 2 matches are tied, or there is no result, the following shall apply.
- The team will compete in the super over to determine which team will be the winner of the match
- If Super Over still not able to become decider, then the previous highest ranking checked, and the team will sustain that ranking for the points table.
IPL 2017 Points Table
|Rising Pune Supergiant||14||9||5||0||0||18||+0.176|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||14||8||6||0||0||16||+0.641|
|Kings XI Punjab||14||7||7||0||0||14||-0.009|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||3||10||0||1||7||-1.299|